Kenneth C. Goldman
Bewildering Stories biography
- Previous high school English and Film Studies teacher (Horror and Science Fiction in Film and Literature) at George Washington High School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Member of the former GWA, the Genre Writers Association.
- Member of HWA, the Horror Writers Association.
WRITING CREDITS 2003-2005 :
Over 385 published stories in the small press since 1993, including :
Print Magazines 2003-2005
- Calliope: Journal of the Special Interest Group of American Mensa,
- The Edge : Tales of Suspense, Hadrosaur Tales/Tales of The Talisman, The City Morgue, Hackers Source, Bare Bone, Ambitions, Illumen, Sinisteria, Poe Little Thing, Horror Carousel, Hoodz, Seasons In The Night, Post Mortem, Night to Dawn, and Kopfhalter;
- the Canadian publications Storyteller Magazine and Thirteen Stories;
- the United Kingdom publications : Roadworks, Mouseion, Thirteen Magazine, and Dark Horizons;
- the Australian magazines Potato Monkey and Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine;
- and the Romanian publication Dominus.
A complete list including issues and dates is available on request.
Online Publications 2003-2005
From The Asylum
Muse Apprentice Guild
Stories That Leave You Gasping For Air
The Dream People
Whispers of Wickedness
The 1995 Small Press Genre Association Showcase (Orinda Press, Orinda, CA)
Nasty Snips (MT Publishing, UK)
The Darkest Hour : An Anthology of Short Thrillers (Telltale Press, Boston, MA.)
The World’s Shortest Stories of Love and Death [paperback and audiotape] (Running Press Book Publishers, Philadelphia, PA)
The Witching Hour Volumes 1 and 2 [e-book, CD, and hard copy] (Silver Lake Publishing)
New Traditions in Terror (Writers Club Press)
MOTA 2002 Anthology : Truth (Triple Tree Publishing)
A Search for Monsters e-anthology (Cyber-Pulp Houston/USA)
Freaks, Geeks, & Sideshow Floozies (Twilight Tales)
Darkness Rising 5 : Black Shroud of Fear (UK Anthology/ Prime Books USA)
The Fear Within (3F Publications)|
Justus Roux Erotic Tales Anthology (Booksurge)
The Blackest Death Anthology Vol. 1 (Black Death Publications)
Chimeraworld 1 and 2 (Cyber Pulp/Chimericana Books)
Tales From The Asylum Year 1 (The Asylum Books and Press)
Spooks Anthology (Twilight Tales)
Vicious Shivers (Undaunted Press)
Raging Horrormones (Oxcart Press)
The Blackest Death Anthology Vol. 2 (Black Death Publications)
Potter’s Field (Sam’s Dot Publishing)
Dream The Dark Majestic (Rage Machine Books)
Trip The Light Horrific (Rage Machine Books)
Tabloid Purposes II (Lake Fossil Press)
Coming in 2005 : Evermore (Arkham House)
“POE 103” in Barley Books’ Little Horrors series, UK (October 2000)CONTESTS AND AWARDS :
- Second place cash prize in The Rod Serling Memorial Foundation’s 2nd Annual Writing Contest, 1992.
- First place cash prize for short fiction in The Ebbing Tide Magazine literary contests, 1994, and 1996 (issues #5 and #13), and third place cash prize 1994 and 1995 (issues #3 and #7).
- First place cash prize for short fiction in Beyond the Moon #1, 1993
- Honorable mention for “A Head Full of Pigs” in Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling’s The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror Seventh Annual Collection : 1993
- The SPGA Small Press Service Awards nomination for Best New Fiction Writer 1994.
- The Genre Writers Association nomination for Best New Writer 1995.
- Honorable mention for “The Snow Angel” in Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling’s The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror Ninth Annual Collection : 1995
- First Place Winner of The Preditors and Editors ‘The Best Poem in The Universe On The Internet Contest 1997.’
- Honorable mention in Eternity Online’s Top 25 Stories (1999).
- Second Place ‘Silver’ prize in The Salivan Short Horror Story Contest (October 1999).
- Second Place Runner-Up Cash Prize in The Horizon Literature Awards Contest c/o Dark Moon Publications (May 2000)
- Third Place prize in The Rose & Thorn Writer’s Contest (July 2000)
- Honorable Mention in the Dark Moon Rising Halloween Dark Fiction Contest (October 2000)
- Finalist in the Ninth Annual Calliope Fiction Contest, Special Interest Group of American Mensa, Ltd. (December 2000)
- First Place Cash Winner in the Red Writer Hood Contest (Summer 2001)
- Second Place Cash Winner in the Harrow Murder Contest (Fall 2001)
- Twilight Tales Author of The Month (Domestic) March/April 2002
- Honorable mention for “The Boardwalk Cats” in Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling’s The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror Sixteenth Annual Collection (2002)
- Champagne Shivers Editors First Choice Award (February 2003)
- Nomination For The 2003 James B. Baker Award (December 2003)
- Honorable Mention in Futures Magazine’s Fire to Fly Contest (2003)
- Second Place in Short Story Horror in Preditors & Editors Readers Poll Contest (2003)
- Honorable Mention for “Young Girls Are Coming to Ajo” in Ellen Datlow and Kelly Link & Gavin J. Grant’s The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror Seventeenth Annual Collection (2003)
- Runner up in The Dead in Th13teen Flashes e-Anthology Contest (2004)
- Finalist in The Cracked Lenses Short Fiction Contest (2005)
- First Place in The Gryphonwood Short Story “Magic” Contest (2005)
- First Place cash prize in the UK’s Titty Biscuits Literary Competition (2005)
Copyright © 2005 by Kenneth C. Goldman