In Edna C. Horning’s “God Has One, Too,” why did Cricket’s Aunt Lucy and Uncle Sulo not report her as a missing person? What seems to have been their prime concern?
In Richard Pearson’s “Deception Is Our Stock in Trade”:
- How are the pirates depicted as likeable?
- What is the political situation? Does either “Earth Gov” or the Mars colony appear to be favored or disfavored?
- How does Christine plan to escape?
- In what way does the story echo the discussion of energy supply in “Space Colonies: the Dark Side”?
In Ásgrímur Hartmannsson’s “Lars versus Space Aliens”:
- At what point do Dennis the Axe and Dire Wolf Carsten appear?
- What is Lars’ nickname?
- Where does the story take place?
- At what points does the narrative use self-recursive irony?
- Do the space aliens cause any damage? How many people does Lars kill, at a rough estimate? How would you describe Lars’ mental state?
What is a Bewildering Stories Challenge?