First Quarterly Review: winter 2007
Editors’ Choices: issues 227-238
Note: Everything in green on this page is a link.
The Quarterly Reviews bring you the editors’ favorites from the past three months. New readers will see the recent best of Bewildering Stories, and veteran readers will have the chance to catch up on anything they may have missed.
We’ll resume regular publication with issue 239 on April 9, 2007. The Second Quarterly Review is scheduled for July 2, 2007.
The editors’ choices are the result of an extensive but always enjoyable process. The Editor and Copy Editor extend their heartfelt gratitude to the review editors for their long and outstanding work in evaluating and proofreading submissions to Bewildering Stories and in making the selections for the Quarterly Reviews. As always, the discussions have been lively and insightful. Thank you, Agnes Blom, Bill Bowler, Gary Inbinder, Michael E. Lloyd, and Carmen Ruggero.
Finally and foremost, then, we congratulate the authors represented here. They and their works have well earned the honor. We hope they will inspire all our contributors.
- All serialized works must have concluded in or before issue 238 in order to qualify. Related stories are not considered serials even if they have a synopsis in common.
- Novels links to the table of contents. Serials link to the first installment, which normally links to the table of contents in the author’s bibliography.
- Selections are listed in alphabetical order by author and in chronological order by title unless noted otherwise in the mouse-over title.
- Page 1: Part I: Serialized Works, Drama, Non-Fiction, and Departments
- Page 2: Part II: Poetry in Verse and Prose; Part III: Flash Fiction
- Page 3: Part IV: Short Stories; Part V: Citation of Merit; Part VI: The Order of the Hot Potato
Part I : Serialized Works, Drama, Non-Fiction, and Departments
Michael E. Lloyd, Observation Two: Standing Divided|
Roberto Sanhueza, Katts and Dawgs: In the Name of Truth
Luke Boyd, Apparitions|
Bob Brill, Ride the Whirlwind
Colin P. Davies, Pestworld
Slawomir Rapala, The Birth of Vengeance
Walt Trizna, Elmo’s Sojourn
Andy West, Meme
|Drama||Mary B. McArdle, Retta Charlotte Again|
Bill Bowler, Code and Message|
The Editors, How Did We Get There from Here?
Viacheslav Yatsko, Two Reasons for the U.S. to Stay in Iraq
Things That Go Bump|
A Funny Thing Happened on our Way to Siberia
California, Here I Comma
Gary Inbinder, Those Commas of Yore
Stars and Thunder
Jerry Wright, Friends|
Jerry Wright & Don Webb, We Stand Our Ground
Don Webb, Reading Around the Bend
Serial currently in progress: Rachel Parsons, “The Year of the Dead Rose”
Copyright © April 2, 2007 by Bewildering Stories