Second Quarterly Review: spring 2007
Editors’ Choices: issues 239-250
Note: Everything in green on this page is a link.
The Quarterly Reviews bring you the editors’ favorites from the past three months. New readers will see the recent best of Bewildering Stories, and veteran readers will have the chance to catch up on anything they may have missed.
5th Anniversary Editorials:
The editors’ choices are the result of an extensive but always enjoyable process. The Publisher and Editor extend their heartfelt gratitude to the review editors for their faithful, prompt, and outstanding work in evaluating and proofreading submissions and in making the selections for the Quarterly Reviews. As always, the discussions have been lively and insightful. A big Thank You to Agnes Blom, Bill Bowler, Gary Inbinder, Michael E. Lloyd, and Carmen Ruggero.
In addition, the Editor would like to thank others who have helped review submissions: S. M. Murdock, Slawomir Rapala, and E. S. Strout. And again this quarter we thank Lewayne L. White for helping bring the Reviews page up to date.
Finally and foremost, then, we congratulate the authors represented here. They and their works have well earned the honor. We hope they will inspire all our contributors.
We’ll resume regular publication with issue 251 on July 9, 2007. The Third Quarterly Review is scheduled to follow issue 261, on September 24, 2007.
- All serialized works must have concluded in or before issue 250 in order to qualify. Related stories are not considered serials even if they have a synopsis in common.
- Serialized works link to the table of contents in the authors’ bibliographies.
- Selections are listed in alphabetical order by author and in chronological order by title unless noted otherwise.
- Page 1: Part I: Serialized Works, Non-Fiction, and Departments
- Page 2: Part II: Poetry and Short Poetry; Part III: Flash Fiction
- Page 3: Part IV: Short Stories; Part V: Citation of Merit; Part VI: The Order of the Hot Potato
Part I : Serialized Works
|Novel||Gary Inbinder, Noble Lies|
Karlos Allen, Trouble with the Natives|
Bill Bowler, The Boy with Orange Hair
Bob Brill, Bix’s Angel
Bertil Falk, Requiem for an Android
Bill Bowler, Narrative Time|
Bertil Falk, Leigh Brackett
Copyright © July 2, 2007 by Bewildering Stories